ss_blog_claim=1d71f8786f2d8adfc991f224918cf210

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Dear Mama,

Happy anniversary!

Today could have been our 29th year since the first day you said yes to me, albeit reluctantly. I still remember that night. You were nervous. I was nervous too. Maybe more nervous and more frightened than you. I was thinking of the worst - that you might get mad or you would say no.

But hesitantly, you said yes. I know you only said that then because you were afraid that you might not be able to get home, and your purpose was just to help me nurse a broken heart, and that you'll leave me soon as I recover. 

As fate would have it, I was able to make you stay longer than you intended to. I know I may not be the best boyfriend in the world, but in my own little way, I made sure I would be able to make you feel how much you meant to me and showed you the love that you deserved. I know, I could have done more... I wish I could have done more.

Thank you for giving me that chance, Mama. The chance that no one else has ever given me, and no one will ever give me. I'm sorry for my failures and shortcomings. 

I wish you were still here so we can celebrate this 29th year together. Happy anniversary, Mama! Thank you very much for everything. I miss you, Mama.

I love you.


Daddy