ss_blog_claim=1d71f8786f2d8adfc991f224918cf210

Monday, May 18, 2020

Today is May 19

Dear Mama,


Today is May 19. Remember this day in 2007? It was the day I was able to fulfill my promise to you, Mama. To be able to take you to Manila Bay so we can watch the sunset together. It was a promise that took me so long to fulfill, I'm glad I was able to finally make it true that year, Mama. And we even have our three children - Ralph, Edgar, and Angel to share the moment. It was not really a perfect day for us then, Mama because it was cloudy and there was a drizzle. But you did not mind, you were happy just to be there.

It was one of our happiest and memorable day, Mama. We had no idea it will be our first and last time to be there, because after nine months you would be leaving us. It's been 12 years since you left us, and the kids are all grown up, but every now and then I still wish you were still here and we are still complete.

I'm sorry, Mama.

I'm sorry I was only able to take you to Manila Bay and watch the sunset only once. I'm sorry that after all these years, I am still bothering you with my letters. I'm sorry I wasn't the perfect father, nor mother, to our three kids. I'm sorry if I still feel weak, want to give up, and end my life every now and then.

I'm tired, Mama.

I'm sorry for complaining... for whining.

I wish I can be with you soon.

I miss you, Mama.

I love you.


Daddy