ss_blog_claim=1d71f8786f2d8adfc991f224918cf210

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Edgar is here

Dear Mama


Edgar is already home. He came home about 2 weeks ago, about the time when Angeles City was converted to MGCQ. He arrived at around 4 a.m. and had less than a week's rest before they were asked to report back to work.

On their first day, they had rapid testing. I was thankful when the result of his test was negative, Mama. Although Masbate was COVID-free as Edgar had told me, they traveled all the way from there to Angeles City. Now, they are reporting back to work. Everyday I always remind him to always take extra precautions. It is still not really safe to go out, Mama but there's nothing we can do. 

Ralph is still in Pasig. He still has no work, and hasn't received his last pay from his former company. The company that was supposed to hire him would send a message just to tell him there is no update yet, and they would understand if he decides to seek opportunity elsewhere. Why are they so unprofessional, Mama? Why can't they tell him directly if they will no longer be getting him?

Right now, he is just waiting for the last pay. I told him once he got it, he can just go back home and seek opportunity here. I hope there will be no problem in his going home.

We are still working from home, although we might go back to the office in about 2 weeks, Mama. So, Angel will be left alone at home then. She is still not working, although she says she is preparing for something. I don't know.

I am just trying to hold on, Mama. For the kids, I have to. But I'm sure you know I wanted to give up. Unfortunately, I can't. That would be too selfish of me.

But I'm tired, Mama.


Daddy


P.S. I love you and I miss you.