ss_blog_claim=1d71f8786f2d8adfc991f224918cf210

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Preparing for the Christmas Party

Dear Mama,

Christmas is almost here. While I am not really excited, I still have to prepare for it for the sake of the kids. Last Saturday, we already talked about our Christmas party. We also draw names for our exchange gifts. It took us about 5 attempts before we got it right, which means nobody got their own name.

We briefly discussed the games, Mama. They were the usual games, beginning of course with the longest sound, and guessing game which is the Pinoy Henyo. My main concern for our meeting then was to make them commit for an intermission number. The kids are older now, and I was afraid they might not want to perform anymore. Thanks goodness they all agreed to perform.

I'm still thinking about other games, Mama. One of my big problems, as usual, is the food for the Noche Buena. The kids all agreed with the tortilla chips and dips, like what we usually had. That was easy, Mama. I would do that, if I won't be able to come out with something special. But I really hope I can. I've been searching for recipes lately. I hope you can help me cook, Mama.

Well, I guess that's about it for now, Mama. See? We're still holding the Christmas party, Mama. I really hope nothing will happen that will make us break this tradition. It is our way of remembering you, Mama. Continuing this tradition that you started, and I'd like to thank you for this, Mama. Thank you very much.

Take care of yourself, Mama. I miss you.

I love you.


Daddy