ss_blog_claim=1d71f8786f2d8adfc991f224918cf210

Saturday, January 14, 2023

Post Angel's birthday updates

Dear Mama,

    As I've said in my last letter, we celebrated Angel's birthday at last Monday at home. She wanted a charcuterie party, and Edgar willingly prepared it for her, Mama. I was surprised because I thought I won't feel full since it seemed to be just cocktail foods, but we weren't almost able to finish it because we were already full. We also had wine, again upon Angel's request. Of course, I bought her birthday cake so we can sing happy birthday for her, Mama. 

    After dinner, we watched a movie on Disney channel, Ralph's latest subscription. Unfortunately, Angel fell asleep at the early part of the movie. We felt it was because of the wine, which was quite strong. And that was how we celebrated Angel's birthday, Mama. Hopefully next year, or perhaps anytime this year, I will be able to grant her wish, that is a staycation in a hotel. Even just for an overnight stay. 

    Remember I told you also in my last letter that I hope Angel would stay longer in her work, Mama? Unfortunately, it did not happen. She went back to work after her birthday, only to tell me the day after that she resigned already and will no longer be working. I was no longer surprised, but I felt sad for her. I wish I could have guided her well. Was I a failure as a father, Mama?

    The construction on the grill house beside us is almost finish, Mama. That means, as I have learned from them, there will be live bands, and it will be loud again here during the evening. I'm having anxiety just thinking about it, Mama. There's nothing I can do, they were allowed because they had permits and everything.

    That will be all for now, Mama. I wish I can hug you right now, because I really need it.

    I miss you, Mama. I love you.


                                                                                                    Daddy