ss_blog_claim=1d71f8786f2d8adfc991f224918cf210

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Angel's cooking, Edgar will audition, and Ralph will be Ralph

Dear Mama,

I don't know if I told you already, Angel is now doing some cooking too. Since I started working and coming home late, she now cooks our dinner. Provided, of course, that everything is ready and available for her. She just cooks rice and some easy-to-cook foods that require a little frying. Although, burnt foods like scramble eggs are often present, at least she's trying, Mama.

Edgar, will be auditioning today for the choir in his school. I hope he passes, Mama. I want him to pass so that he will get more trainings and exposures. We both know that he is musically inclined, which I admit he got from you. Sometimes though, he doesn't like to admit it, despite his guitar playing skills and his good singing voice. The choir will hone him and boost his self-esteem, Mama.

And Ralph, oh well, he will always be the Ralph that we used to know, Mama. Playful and stubborn. But he steps up where it counts, Mama. He will be graduating again next year, for his 5th year in accounting, then he will take his review class and the board exam. I just hope I would know how to guide him.

Mama, today is the announcement of the grand finalists for the Himig Handog Songwriting Contest of ABS-CBN. I know I should not be expecting but, wouldn't it be great if I actually made it this time, Mama? Wishful thinking, I know. But I can dream, can't I? I just want you to be proud of me, Mama.

Guess that will be all for now, Mama. At least I would end my letter on a positive note. Take care of yourself, Mama. I miss you so much.

I love you.


Daddy