ss_blog_claim=1d71f8786f2d8adfc991f224918cf210

Thursday, March 14, 2024

My quarterly doctor's visit

Dear Mama,

    I went to the doctor this afternoon for my quarterly exam. I brought my laboratory results from last week for his reading. I asked what SGPT is because it was the only one in my lab test that was high, and he said it refers to the liver. He was wondering why it spiked. He asked if I have been drinking alcohol lately, I said I was only drinking beer occasionally, and far intervals in between.

    The doctor removed my medicine for cholesterol, Mama. He said it might be the one causing it. Apparently, it was one of the side effects of the medicine for cholesterol maintenance. 

    He also gave me antibiotic for my cough, Mama. Because I mentioned I've been coughing since the first week of March, and he said it's been too long, so he gave me a prescription for antibiotic. And you know how antibiotics are, Mama. They cost an arm and a leg. I already bought them on my way home. I was not able to buy any of my other medicines, Mama because I have no enough money left. Anyway, I still have some left here at home.

    I guess that will be all for now, Mama. I hope this cough will end soon. It's very annoying, and oftentimes embarrassing when I can't hold it when I'm in public.

    I really wish you were here still with us, Mama. I miss you.

    I love you, Mama.


                                                                                                    Daddy