Dear Mama,
I went to my doctor yesterday for my quarterly check up and I brought my blood test results as I mentioned in my previous letter. I said I was worried about my blood sugar, right? Do you know what my doctor said when he saw me, Mama? He said my cholesterol has shot up. I did not even remember seeing that! I thought everything was okay except for my blood sugar which I was worried about. He even asked me if there were too many occasions lately, Mama.
He said I went from 60+ from my previous test to 110+ in this latest lab test. He advised me to work on it, Mama - diet and exercise, or he might need to increase the dosage of my maintenance. For now, he kept my dosage at status quo, just make sure it will improve next quarter.
When I asked him about the prediabetes result, he said I should not worry about it. It's still minimal and might be caused by the difference in fasting hours. It can be corrected, of course he also advised me on my diet.
But that's not the only plot twist, Mama. Yesterday, at around 1 a.m., Ralph went home from work. I wasn't aware because I was sleeping then. Good thing, Edgar was still awake and he was able to open the gate for Ralph. I just read the messages in the group chat when I woke up.
Ralph said they were sent home. Their client terminated his contract with their company, and it was 'effective immediately.' And just like that, Ralph is now unemployed. No warning, no heads up, just termination of employment. They will be paid for the whole month, Mama. After that they will have 60-day redeployment phase, wherein the company will find some client who hire them. But during those 60 days, they will be on a no-work, no-pay status, Mama. After that 60 days, when the company can't find client for them, they will have to let them go. BPO is fucked up system, Mama.
Angel is also planning to resign. I am not sure if I already mentioned this in my previous letter, Mama. She is planning to resign because of the toxic treatment of their superiors who are all power-trippers. which by the way is common in BPOs, Mama. She hasn't filed yet, though. Although she already advised her immediate supervisor and was told she will have to render 30 days for her resignation. Which I think is stupid, Mama. They threatened her with termination, and yet if she would voluntarily resign she would have to render 30 days? That's just one shade of power-tripping I was talking about, Mama.
So, I guess I can't retire yet, right Mama? Actually, I still have 1.5 years 'til retirement. My problem is, I don't have any savings, and our children aren't settled yet. I know, it's all fault. I'm sorry, Mama. I failed.
I'm really sorry.
Daddy