ss_blog_claim=1d71f8786f2d8adfc991f224918cf210

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I forgot the fruits

Dear Mama,

Every meal, the kids and I usually have conversations and we talk about the happy times when you were still with us. It was always nice to reminisce those memories, Mama. All the love you have shown us and how you took care of the kids when I was still working in Makati.

Suddenly, Angel recalled that there used to be fruits in the house everyday when you were still here. Just then, I remembered that I am not buying fruits lately. The last fruit that I bought was a banana from the neighborhood sari-sari store. That was more than two months ago, I believe.

How could I forget that! I'm sorry, Mama. I know that the market was out of your way then from the school where you teach. Yet, you always managed to go there just to buy fruits for the kids.I guess, that's one difference of you not with us anymore. There's really no substitute for your care, love and thoughtfulness.

I can't fill that void. I'm trying my best, Mama, but I know I just can't do it.

I'm really missing you terribly, Mama. I need you. I wish I could talk to again and tell you everything that I'm going through lately... yet, I know it won't happen.

Take care of yourself, Mama.

I love you.


Daddy