ss_blog_claim=1d71f8786f2d8adfc991f224918cf210

Saturday, March 31, 2012

A brand new start?

Dear Mama,

It's the start of a new month, and a new chapter of life for me. I'm going to start on my job tomorrow, Monday. It was my last day on Friday at the hospital. I was able to finish my clearance and get my paycheck. Of course, the damage has been done and Edgar was not able to audition for the singing contest. Anyway, everything went well. I really wish I didn't have to leave.

Nothing special on my last at the hospital, Mama. Nothing... except Gail. I told you that she wasn't talking to me again, and I don't want it to be that way on my last day. So I text her and since it's my last day, I requested that I see her smile. She didn't reply, Mama. I was expecting that. I didn't see her in the morning too during my rounds. When I came back to my table, I saw a piece of paper with a caricature of a nurse smiling with a caption "Smile granted"

That made my day, Mama. To think I wasn't smiling the whole morning because I was frustrated in securing my clearance and my last salary. But that little gesture changed it all. I know it doesn't really mean anything, but at least it made me feel special. In the afternoon, I went back to the hemodialysis unit and she was there. She talked to me... and she smiled. She made my last day special.

Anyway, to continue. Ralph will have his graduation on April 27. He is still isn't paid in his tuition fees, though. I hope I can find the means before that week or else he won't graduate. And then, enrollment will immediately follow. Praying that we can get through this once more, Mama.

Thank you very much for being there, Mama. Thank you for always listening. I wish I can hug you. I really need one right now. I miss you. Take care of yourself, Mama.

I love you.


Daddy