ss_blog_claim=1d71f8786f2d8adfc991f224918cf210

Monday, September 11, 2023

G said goodbye

Dear Mama,

    It's a sad Monday for us. G said goodbye this morning, Mama. She wasn't eating since Friday evening. She was still mobile, but not as playful as she was in previous days. Angel was planning to bring her to the vet today. 

    At around 5 a.m., she approached the door showing her intention to go out. Ralph opened the door to allow her to go out. He also stayed outside with G for a while. Angel also checked on her, while I took a bath to prepare for work. As I finished taking a bath, I saw Angel going to the room quickly thinking nothing of  it.

    I went straight outside to check on G, and saw her in the garage lying lifeless. I went inside to check on Angel and she was crying, telling me that G already died. I was speechless, Mama. She was just full of life last week.

    Fluffy left us just last May, and in just 4 months, G followed. We lost 4 dogs since the pandemic, Mama. G was the shortest to have stayed with us. I saw her on the street just last October 2021, and picked her up for fear she might get ran over by cars and tricycles passing by. I asked around and nobody was claiming her, that's why she stayed with us. She was a playful and lively dog, Mama. I will miss her.

    I don't think I'll be getting another dog for some time, Mama. It seems I am not a good dog-parent. I don't know how to take care of them, Mama.

    This is really a sad Monday, Mama. I wish you were here.


                                                                                                        Daddy


P.S. I love you, Mama.