ss_blog_claim=1d71f8786f2d8adfc991f224918cf210

Sunday, September 24, 2023

We lost another dog

Dear Mama,

    September was really hard on us. Perhaps the only highlight of this month so far was the birthday of Ralph, and for the rest of the month,  we have struggled a lot.

    I mentioned in a previous letter that we lost G. I thought that was the end, Mama. Just yesterday, Saturday, we lost Loki. I had no plans of getting another puppy, Mama, but last Sunday evening, late in the evening, actually, Noli came knocking on our gate and he brought a new puppy. He did not even ask if I wanted a new puppy. He just came and delivered the puppy. I was hesitant to accept the puppy because I have not yet gotten over with the loss of G, Mama. I did not know what to say. We named him Loki.

    Monday, Loki was still fine. He was a bit thin and quite shy or inactive, but he was fine. He was still eating. Tuesday, he no longer wanted to eat nor drink. He was still mobile, but he was mostly sleeping all throughout the day. 

    Wednesday, Ralph took Loki to the vet because we don't want to lose another dog. He was tested positive with parvo, and he had infection in his blood, too. He was confined, so Ralph left him at the clinic. They were sending us video updates of his condition. Saturday morning, they sent a message that Loki crossed the rainbow bridge, Mama.

    That would be the last dog for us now, Mama. We won't be getting another one, not even if they bring them on our doorstep.

    That is all I wanted to say for now, Mama. I just wanted to get this out of my system. I wish you were here.

    I miss you, Mama.

    I love you.


                                                                                                                Daddy