ss_blog_claim=1d71f8786f2d8adfc991f224918cf210

Friday, February 16, 2024

How can I keep myself calm and at peace?

Dear Mama,

    Just finished our Toastmasters meeting via Zoom. It's past 10pm now, Mama. I'm about to sleep, but I thought I'll write a short letter. 

    Edgar did not work today, Friday, because he has fever when he came home yesterday. He still has fever when I came home this afternoon, although I think right now he is no longer as hot as he was this morning. He's taking medicines round the clock, Mama. He is already sleeping now. I hope he feels better soon. 

    The constructions in the grillery beside us is already finished and they have officially opened, Mama. They are not as loud as the previous ones that used to be there, but there are vehicles parked in front of our house right now. I guess this will be how it will be in the days to come. And it's making me anxious, Mama.

    If only it's easy just to move away from here, but we don't have the money to do that. Also, because of my experience here, I feel that there is no guarantee I won't be encountering the same experiences in other places if we relocate. I know, Mama... I'm crazy.

    It's really so hard when you have no one to tell these things to. I wish you were here, Mama.

    

                                                                                                    Daddy