ss_blog_claim=1d71f8786f2d8adfc991f224918cf210

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Another challenge for me, Mama

Dear Mama,

Looks like I have another challenge on my plate. I attended the grand assembly of our high school batch alumni tonight, and I was elected as a member of the board of directors in replacement of our batchmate who passed away.

I cannot say that I don't want it Mama, I can't say that I want it either. I want it for the experience and learning it can bring me, but I'm also afraid that I may not be able to deliver. This is no longer child's play, Mama. Our batch will be the host of this year's alumni homecoming. I hope I can contribute to its success.

I miss those days when you were still to help me reassure of my self-worth and my capability. If only you were here, there is someone beside me who believes in me. I am not good at self-hypnosis, Mama. I really hope they didn't make the wrong choice. I hope I won't disappoint them.

We'll see that in the coming days. Take care of yourself, Mama.

I love you.


Daddy