ss_blog_claim=1d71f8786f2d8adfc991f224918cf210

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Dear Mama,

Hi! It's a long day for me. Nothing much to say to you now, really. I just want to talk to you... like those rare times we do then, talking about the past, the present and the future. It would be nice if we can do that now, Mama.

Looking back at the times when Ralph, Edgar and Angel were little babies... the portable pool at our backyard... those times when you would prefer to cook our mirienda instead of just buying from the store... our modest Noche Buena during Christmas Eve... movies we would watch at home... or just simply playing our whistle game. Don't you just miss them, Mama? I do.

If only we can go back to that time.

Now, of course, you're away from us. The kids are growing up so fast, even though I always see them as the little kids that they used to be, I cannot deny that they are grown ups now. Trying to find their place in this world, while I try my best to be of help to them in their quest. I am not much of a help, though. I'm sorry about that, Mama.

Then there's the uncertain tomorrow. Will Ralph be able to take the review? Will he pass the board exam? Will he find a good job so he can prepare for his future? What about Edgar and Angel? They still have a long way to go, Mama. I will always be there for them... every step of the way.

I will never forget my promise to you, Mama. I'm sorry if I'm showing weakness at times, I'm sorry if I'm whining often, I'm sorry for being stubborn. But I will never turn my back on my promise. I know it won't be easy. I know I wanted to give up a couple of times... but I will try my best to keep that promise, Mama.

I miss you, Mama. Take care of yourself now. I love you. Mama.


Daddy