ss_blog_claim=1d71f8786f2d8adfc991f224918cf210

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Feeling the crunch

Dear Mama,

It is now the 3rd week of the lock down, I am feeling the financial crunch of this quarantine. Our company which is based in Australia is definitely affected. Businesses there were ordered to close temporarily until July, and that means our financials will be affected. We were told that our salaries will be cut for now because of the nationwide lock down in Australia. And there's nothing we can do about it.

The situation here is not even better. The lock down is supposed to end next week, but with the way things are going I have a fear that it will be extended. And just like other people, that might also push me to the end of my wit.

I am worried, Mama. Worried about Ralph who is alone in Pasig. I just learned he has no face mask and cannot really go out to buy his food and other necessities. No establishments will allow anyone to enter and transact with them unless they have face mask. I hope he will be able to find one, or least improvised. Please help him, Mama.

I am also worried about Edgar who is still in Masbate. Although he has some co-workers there, the situation there is not really better than here. Until all this lock down, quarantine, and corona virus concerns are over, things will not go back to normal. Edgar spent his 25th birthday there in Masbate. His first birthday away from home. We were even planning to go to the beach like we did last year before this whole thing started.

I hope this will all be over soon, Mama. I am getting tired, mentally, physically, emotionally, and financially. I hope we will be able to go through all this.

I'm sorry for writing like this, Mama. I'm just really tired.

I miss you, Mama.

I love you.


Daddy