ss_blog_claim=1d71f8786f2d8adfc991f224918cf210

Monday, November 19, 2012

Edgar was almost a scholar

Dear Mama,

It's almost midnight, 11:30 p.m. to be exact, and Edgar is not yet home. He told Ralph this morning that they will be practicing for the choir after class. His class is up to 9:00 p.m. I never thought they would reach this late, Mama. He said they will be provided food for dinner. But it's really late. I should not be worried... but I am, Mama.

He is active in school now than he was in his first year in college. I hope his joining the choir would boost his self-esteem and open doors of opportunity for him to better hone his talents in music.

Did you know that Edgar was almost a scholar this semester? He told me that during dinner last week. If only he did not get a low grade in one of his subject, he might have been an academic scholar. It would have been a great relief if he were, Mama. I told him that it only means he can do it if only he'll try a little bit harder. But I don't want to pressure the kids just so I would have a lighter obligation, I want them to do it because it is what they want.

Anyway, Edgar is already home now Mama. He arrived when I was halfway through this letter. The kids are now resting in their rooms. I will be sleeping in a while also, Mama. Take care of yourself. Good night, Mama. I miss you.

I love you, Mama.


Daddy