ss_blog_claim=1d71f8786f2d8adfc991f224918cf210

Sunday, January 2, 2022

Back to (ab)normal

 Dear Mama,

    It's the second day of 2022, and things are getting back to normal... or should I say, abnormal. Aside from the recent under-development in Metro Manila, which was the heightened restrictions due to an action of an irresponsible person, things are getting back to the way they used to be here in Angeles City. The only thing that shows there is still Covid is the wearing of facemasks, which is not even worn properly by some people. Other than that, people are no longer taking precautions, Mama.

    Of course, that also means it will start to get noisy here again in our neighborhood. And that will also mean my anxiety and stress level will go up again. If only there is a way for us to move to another place, Mama. Unfortunately, I am such a failure that I cannot do anything.

    Tomorrow, the kids will be going back to work. Ralph is still here. They are still on a work-from-home set up as I mentioned in my previous letter. As for me, I will be returning to work on Tuesday. Too bad, because the original plan was next Monday. 

    Anyway, that will be all for now, Mama. I miss you. I wish you were still here with us.

    I love you, Mama.


                                                                                            Daddy