ss_blog_claim=1d71f8786f2d8adfc991f224918cf210

Thursday, May 5, 2022

I humiliated myself

 Dear Mama,

    I'm not sure if I have told you already, I joined a group of songwriters here in Angeles City. I found the group in Facebook, and when they had a Songwriters Night last March, I attended and witnessed the performance of some of the talented members. Last Saturday, April 30th, there was another Songwriters Night, and one of the performers gave me one of his slot. Every performer were allowed to perform 3 of their original compositions, and my new friend, Ryan, gave me his last slot so I can showcase one of my compositions.

    I thought I could do it, Mama, and I agreed. He lent me his guitar during my performance. I didn't know what happened, Mama. I practiced a lot in our house and really expected I would be performing smoothly. For some reason, I became so nervous while I was singing, and my voice would not come out. It's like I was whispering all throughout the song, Mama. I humiliated myself in front of a lot of people.

    It was a good thing I did not invite any of my Toastmasters friend. I did not even bring the kids with me. I was all alone, with a lot of who do not really know me. Well, I guess they know me now. I'm sure they won't forget me, albeit for an embarrassing reason. I guess I should start somewhere.

    Anyway, I'll be turning 54 on Monday, Mama. Incidentally, it will also be Mother's Day. So, advance happy Mother's Day, Mama! I don't have plans for that day. 

    I guess that will be all for now, Mama.

    I miss you, Mama.

    I love you.


                                                                                            Daddy