ss_blog_claim=1d71f8786f2d8adfc991f224918cf210

Sunday, October 30, 2022

After the typhoon

Dear Mama,

    Typhoon Paeng has just passed, but there's another one coming, if it hasn't arrived yet. Quite symbolical of our life, right Mama? A new storm after passing a recent one. It was quiet last night, but I am not sure if it will be quiet again tonight. And my anxiety is once again consuming me, Mama.

    That's why I feel so guilty sometimes because I wish it would rain, because at least the rain would suppress the noise, if not altogether prevent it from happening. But other places are suffering if there will be continued rain.

    Ralph is having difficulty walking again, Mama. His gout got worse this morning, or maybe it even started last night. How can I help him, Mama? Am I such a bad father for letting things like this happen to our children? Why can't I do anything?!

    If only you were still here with us, Mama, our children will be taken care of well. They won't get sick, and perhaps they will be even more successful in life. I really wish it was the other way around for us, Mama. Our children would have been in better situations now.

    I'm sorry for failing you and the children, Mama.


                                                                                                Daddy