ss_blog_claim=1d71f8786f2d8adfc991f224918cf210

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Someone tried to break in

Dear Mama,

    Someone tried to break in our house last night. I already felt it this morning, when I woke up I found the window of my room wide open. No wonder I felt so cold when I woke up, Mama. I asked our children but none of them opened the window. I tried to dismiss the thought, Mama. It was around 4:30 a.m. 

    As I went the back to get take out the trash as I usually do every morning, I saw my cutter and pair of pliers outside near the door of the dirty kitchen. I was surprised because these were in the garage in front. Again, I asked the children but none of them used the cutter and pliers, neither did they put them at the back. I went to see the container at the garage, and saw the other cutter also displaced from its original position.

    This strengthened my suspicion, Mama. But I'm still trying to fight it. So, Edgar and I went to work. Around 10:00 a.m. Ralph sent a message in our group chat, and he sent a photo. It was something that looked like a homemade lockpick that he found in the garage, in front of our door. I felt that confirmed what I felt - someone indeed tried to break into our house last night! And I'm sure it wasn't just one person, Mama.

    This might have not happened if we had a dog. Since the death of Fluffy, G, and Loki last year I never took a dog anymore, Mama. I felt I won't be able to take care of them. Now, it looks like I really need a dog.

    I'm getting paranoid now, Mama. If anything happened to us here, no one will help us. Nobody like us here, Mama.

    I don't even know if it's safe to sleep tonight.

    I wish you were here, Mama.


                                                                                        Daddy