ss_blog_claim=1d71f8786f2d8adfc991f224918cf210

Thursday, December 23, 2021

Something happened last night

 Dear Mama,

    It's December 23, 2021, Thursday, 8:49 p.m. Edgar is not yet home, they are having their Christmas party at the office right now. I'm not sure what time he will be home tonight. Angel won't be out from work until 10 p.m. They had their Christmas lunch earlier before their shift. It's just me and Ralph at home right now, and of course, the dogs.

    Something happened to me last night, Mama. I don't know why, I had anxiety attack. I was restless and breathing heavily. I was crying. I was calling your name, Mama. My extremities were numb. I was tossing around the bed. I did not know what to do. I did not understand what was happening. I was feeling pain, but I can't tell where. That lasted for about 30 minutes, Mama. The kids did not know. I was alone in the room.

    I do not know what triggered it, Mama. Maybe because I was thinking of how much a failure I was as a father. I'm sorry, Mama. I let you down. If only I was a better father. If only I was a better person. I'm sorry, Mama.

    Please forgive me.


                                                                                                    Daddy