ss_blog_claim=1d71f8786f2d8adfc991f224918cf210

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It was a simple celebration...

Dear Mama,

We were able to celebrate your birthday last night. I cooked spaghetti again, as per suggestion of the kids. I wasn't able to cook the tempura, but I cooked baby potatoes in garlic and margarine and was able to prepare fruit salad for the kids. Ralph brought home a cake. Although it was already late when we started, Mama. Ralph came home at 8 in the evening and Edgar at 9 p.m.

It was simpler than last year, Mama. Ralph only had 1 visitor while Angel's visitors were not able to come. I did not invite anybody because I was not confident to offer my cooking to other people. Last year though, Nanay came, but last night, because it was already late, she was able to come. Happy birthday again, Mama. Thank you for all the love you have shown us.

On a sad note, I received news last night that Mam Aida Patawaran, our grade 6 teacher from Sta. Teresita passed away yesterday morning. My classmates went to the wake last night, I wasn't able to go with them because I have to be with the kids to celebrate your birthday. I'll try to go this Friday, Mama.

And another thing, Mama. I finally gave in to the call of my high school batchmates to call a meeting. They've been egging me for quite a while because the president and the vice-president are too busy to tend the flock. What's funny is that, I'm only a director and I was the last one to come in. I was just appointed to replace a director who passed away. Now, they all want me to lead. I don't know, I'm taking a leap of faith, Mama. I hope I'm doing the right thing.

That will be all for now, Mama. Happy birthday again. Take care of yourself. I miss you, Mama.

I love you.


Daddy