ss_blog_claim=1d71f8786f2d8adfc991f224918cf210

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Don't ask me why...

Dear Mama,

Happy anniversary! Today is our 22nd year! Do you still remember when you said yes to me 22 years ago today at the Jollibee branch in Dau? I knew you were so hesitant then, but I was so happy! I hope that if I will ask you again today, you will still say yes.

And last year, I was fortunate enough to fulfill one of your fondest wish, to see the sunset at Manila Bay. I was glad that I was able to take you there then... not knowing that it will be our last anniversary together.

I hope you still remember this poem Mama. I wrote it for you way back in 1999 and sent it you in your work via mail. You were surprised when you received it and I was very glad that you liked it. I'm sending it to you again Mama so that you may be able to read it once more. Every word that I wrote was meant to show how much I love you.

Don't Ask Me Why

Don't ask me why I love you,
I just do.
I love you not because you
love me back
I just do

Although I may not say it,
Sometimes It may not show,
But believe me,
I do

I love you not for the caring
Nor the thoughtfullness you've shown,
Not for being there
At times when I'm low!

Not for taking care of my children,
Not for making me a home
and not for being patient
of all my imperfections.

Please don't ask me for reasons
'cause I don't need them at all
Because loving you is itself the reason
And nothing else matters anymore

So don't ask me why I love you,
Because I do.



I hope you still like just as you do then. Happy Anniversary Mama! I miss you...

I love you



Daddy